The COINS Auto-Section Box tool gives you tremendous speed and agility over managing three-dimensional views when analyzing model areas of particular interest. It allows you to quickly create temporary and permanent views to be used for immediate interrogation of the model or for construction document deliverables. This works by allowing you to focus on the model instead of managing views or a view’s properties.
Although Revit 2016 has added built-in support for creating section boxes from elements, the COINS Auto-Section Box still improves on this with the following time-saving features:
- Works with elements in linked files.
- Special handling of grids, section lines, elevation markers, levels, scope boxes, dimensions, and tags.
- Option to create new views.
- Toggle the section box on and off to gain a better understanding of the selection within the context of the whole model.
- Option to arrange the original selection view and the 3d view side-by-side.
- Align section box to walls, members, or other line-based geometry.
- Works in Revit 2015/2014/2013 as well as Revit 2016.
- Support for Autodesk® Revit® 2016.
- 2016 version installs for all users for easier deployment.
- Picking tags or dimensions will create sections around their referenced elements.
- Check if a section box can be created from the selected elements before presenting the user with the options dialog - every second counts!
- Better handling of view names with illegal characters.
- Fix for dialog appearing off-screen if secondary monitor unplugged.
Click here for a video showing the top 5 uses.